Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lee Min Ho "The One and Only" Toyota Camry Meet and Greet 031013 (Fan Account)

Hi there~
Some of you who follow my instagram, twitter, or fb might know about this~
This post has been in my drafts for awhile now but I barely had the time to finish it up.

Warning: Might be kinda long, I hope it doesn't bore you and just a reminder for those who don't know  the feelings of fangirling.... IQ levels drop and sometimes people lose their sense of reason. 
(I know you know how that feels so please don't judge.)

Here it goes...

A month before the event I had received an email saying I won a chance to meet Lee Min Ho (along with 250 other winners). 
First I was confused and didn't remember joining anything, but eventually recalled playing a game and watching Lee Min Ho's mini commercial drama for the new Toyota Camry.
As all fangirls... I was ecstatic!! oh what luck :) This event was a little hush hush and not many knew about it I guess and it was like October last year when they had it.

(The confirmation letter)

So fast forward one month later~ Here I was in LA standing in line with my best friend (I could bring 1 guest) there were so many people, more than I had expected, fortunately we came at the right time and had a good spot in line. We even made friends with other fans there! Everybody was excited, talking happily among themselves.
When the time came we checked in and got our special badges/ID's.

3 Missions had to be done in order to be placed in a raffle to get an autograph and photo opportunity with Min Ho.

 1. Saving Sohee( test drive camry for a few blocks around the venue)
2. Solid Evidence (take pictures at the booth)
3. Codex Hunt ( look for qr codes and scan with phone)

My friend and 1 breezed to the missions so fast, we were already done but people were still going in and getting their information. We just walked around and ate, there were food and drinks provided, yummy puff pastries and bartenders serving fountain drinks. The venue was really nice too, it was like an old hotel turned banquet hall.
The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. I can't wait any longer!!

fast forward.

The main event was up the stairs. I had a yellow wristband meaning we were the first to be let in to get seats.
but it was almost impossible because of the volume of people.
Let me tell you,  ahjummas can be a bit brutal luckily I managed to get up the stairs with no scratch/
(I had managed to get seats in the middle row but right beside the aisle)
We waited and they played his drama/commercials, it lasted for about 30 mins.


Fast forward a bit more... to the moment of truth.
The One and Only "LEE MIN HO!!!" the MC shouts but his voice was already being drowned out by the voices of fan girls screaming. Min Ho enters from the back  AHHHHHH OMG!!!
He smiled and flashed his pearly whites as he waved. Huge body guards surrounded him.
First thought was WOW.
He looks way better in real life. TV and pics barely do his handsome face any justice.
 His face was so dreamy and he was so tall and his skin was so milky!

He was coming through my way but he was looking the other way so I screamed.
MINHO-ssi!!! and he turned to look where I was and reached for my hand and smiled.
 I died. For a second there. my brain went dead only to be awoken by my friend screaming.
"He touched my hand" I kept repeating, my IQ had dropped to 0.
I think I'll post the video on my fb.

Fast forward again....
So Minho went up there and they interviewed him and asked him questions.
I kept glancing at the table with the box with all the tickets.
There were so many in there, and I had no chance of going up there.( Only 22 tickets will be called).
At this point I was pretty content with the events, I managed to make contact with him already, I thought that was enough. Still deep down I felt disappointed and wanted more, but with all those tickets the chances I could go up there were unlikely. 
I prayed quietly, I had two ticket numbers (my friend gave me hers~ so nice :D )
After calling 10 tickets, my friend and I just looked at the tickets as Min Ho called out the numbers.

that side profile... (melts)
Then BOOM.
It was my ticket number. I felt like I was going to pass out, throw up even.
I walked up the stage and there he was ( insert angelic choir vocalizing).
He looks and smile and signs the poster.
I could only think of 3 things to say.

1. Saranghaeyo
2. Could you write my name?
3. Can I have a hug?

Can I have a hug came out. Never had I thought I'd have the courage to say that.
 He smiled again and stuck out his arms.
The staff beside me said NO NO NO but too late hehehe

screenshot from NuttyNomad's video Min Ho enjoying our hug. kekeke
I wrapped my arms around him.
I shyly pulled away and he handed me the poster while the translator told him not to hug.
Lol. Coming down the stage people kept congratulating me and asking me how he smelled like but
I forgot to breathe when we hugged so I don't know -.- but i bet it was wonderful.
Who would have thought I would hug a freaking F4 flower boy Korean Halyu star.

they should've given him a silver sharpie -.- u can barely see it above the car
but here is my poster, got it a frame :)

To be honest.
I questioned if we did hug or was I just making that up in my head. Cause I never thought I would be able to open my mouth cause I was so starstruck. It really bothered me for a while, but then I found the video of when we hugged Lol. I still can't process everything that happened, It all felt like a dream.
I'm so blessed to have this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Anyway I hope you got to the end of this post, I tried not to write everything but it was still long.
Since it was already too long~ I had made an album for some of the pics from the event
--> HERE on my fb if you want to see them

Thanks to Toyota for hosting the event!
Toyota Camry "The One and Only"

Hope you have a good day! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment